JEE Advanced 2013 Examination Analysis
- Physics: Paper 1 was tricky, paper 2 was ok. 40% questions formula based, 20% questions conceptual, higher weightage on class XI syllabus. In Paper 1, most questions were from mechanics, modern physics and optics. Other frequent appearing topics were properties of matter and electrostatics. In Paper 2, more light was thrown on magnetism and mechanics.
- Chemistry: Very high focus was on class XII syllabus (75 to 80%). Physical, organic and inorganic chemistry had similar weightage.
- Mathematics: Paper 1 was quite difficult with 66% from class XII and paper 2 had 55% from class XI. Paper 1 had most questions from algebra, calculus and vector. Paper 2 had most questions from algebra, coordinate and calculus.
- Paper 1: 2nd June 9 − 12pm, 60 questions of physics, chemistry and mathematics with 20 questions from each. 10 questions were single correct choice type, 5 questions were numeric response type.
- and 5 questions were MCQs type questions in each and every subject. However, The maximum marks for the paper is 180.
- Paper 2: 2nd June 2 − 5pm, 60 questions of physics, chemistry and mathematics with 20 questions from each. 8 questions were paragraph type, 4 questions were matrix type and 8 questions were MCQs type questions in all the three subjects. However, The maximum marks for the paper is 180.
Crucial topics mentioned by the Examrace, actually became important.