7 Tips to Crack JEE Mains - Examrace Exclusive [ JEE Updates ]
As an engineering aspirant one of the biggest hurdles to cross is the Joint Entrance Exam. Students right after their 10th and some even before that – start preparing for the JEE. More than 13 Lakh aspirants applied for JEE Main 2015. It is a tough competition out there – to make it big you have to be the perfect combination of intelligence and diligence.
Here are few tips that can help you to crack JEE:
- Coaching Classes: Most students and parents abide by this factor a lot. Each city – let it be a small town or a full blown metropolitan township, you would definitely find coaching centers for JEE preparation. Some of these centers are actually quite good and revered among engineering aspirants.
- These coaching classes have well qualified teachers, who are experts in the field of entrance exams and know exactly how to train students to be eligible for clearing the JEE and get a seat in one of the various engineering colleges across India.
- Focus: Coaching classes are just means to give a student tools that would help them achieve their desired goals; but it is all on the student if they want it to do it or not. The focus on the end goal is extremely important. If it is the IIT’s that you dream about then you need to just look at that. Keep your eyes on the prize – and might just get your dream college.
- Study material: Just studying randomly won’t help you. You need to have proper studying material. Especially if you are not looking at taking coaching classes. You should know your syllabus and collect whatever study material you can on those subjects.
- Time utilization: Time is definite – so you need to use is consciously. Make timetables and follow it strictly. Put more concentration on subjects that you are not that well-versed in. Make notes and keep on revising.
- Test papers: This is one of the best ways to determine whether or not you are eligible for the exam. Test papers would help you to learn and practice at the same time. You would always know where you are standing and how much work do you need to put up.
- Eat and sleep well: For a healthy mind and body you need proper food and adequate sleep. Without this, your concentration would falter and you wouldn’t be able to give your best in the exam.
- Revise and Practice: Nothing can beat this factor. You might think that you know everything – but that isn’t enough. You have to practice and keep on practicing till the D Day. Revision is one of the key ways to actually get what you want. The more you revise more accurate you would get. With science subjects practice is of umpteen importance. There is always a time crunch, so till you are quick and agile – you would fall behind.
Becoming an engineer is dream that most young high school graduates have. In India engineering is one of the most sought after and respected of professions. Getting in to the Indian Institute of Technologies is a dream of many. But only a chosen few get to go there. If you want to be some of those, you need to put in as much hard work as you can.
Even if not the IIT’s there are umpteen good colleges in India. Some of the top engineering colleges after IIT’s that accept JEE mains as their selection criteria are:
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
- National Institute of Technology, Trichy
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal
- Indian School of Mines
- Anna university
- International Institute of Information Technology
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology
- Indian Institute of Information Technology
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology
- College of Engineering
So if you aim to be the best, you have to give the best. Just give all that you can and hope for the best. Good Luck for your exams!
- Published on: January 28, 2015