KVPY FAQs: Get your Questions Answered
What is the syllabus for the written test?
- As such, no particular syllabus is prescribed for the written test. However the course content is only what the student has learnt till Class 12. The main objective of this test is to test the understanding and analytical ability of the student rather than his/her factual knowledge.
I have completed my X Standard exam in 2011. Am I eligible to apply for KVPY 2012?
- Stream SA: Students currently studying in the XI Standard (Science Stream) i.e.. In the academic year 2012 − 13. Also they should have scored a minimum of 80% (70% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects in the X Standard Board Examination.
- Students both through the Summative Assessments-II conducted by the school and conducted by the Board pattern can apply provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria. It should be taken care that if the student has been assessed by a letter grade in the qualifying examination, he should convert it into an appropriate % and then accordingly fill-up the application form and send it.
- Stream SX: Students that are currently studying in XII Standard with Science stream i.e.. During the academic year 2012 − 13 and wishing to pursue further graduation in Basic Sciences (B. Sc./B. S./Int. M. Sc./M. S.) for the academic year 2013 − 14, only if they have scored atleast 80% (70% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects in the X Standard Board Examination are included in the SX stream.
- Stream SB: Students currently studying in the 1st year of undergraduation with Basic Sciences i.e.. During the academic year 2012 − 13 and have secured atleast 60% (50% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate in SCIENCE subjects in the XII Standard Board Examination are included in the SB stream.
When does the KVPY advertisement come in the newspapers?
- The advertisement for the KVPY Fellowship appears in all the national dailies, usually on the Technology Day i.e.. The May 11 and also on Second Sunday of July every year.
Can I avail the KVPY Fellowship along with a merit scholarship?
- KVPY does not allow its Fellows to be eligible for any other sholarship apart from its own, whether it government or private. However if there is any such case, they relinquish the other fellowship so that the student can avail the KVPY Fellowship.