KVPY Preparation Tips-A Students Perspective
NCERT books are more than sufficent for KVPY preparation. For practice use our test series with fully solved questions at doorsteptutor.com
- Advanced I: Real Numbers, Polynomials, Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables, Quadratic Equations, Arithmetic Progressions, Triangles, Coordinate Geometry, Introduction to Trigonometry, Some Applications of Trigonometry, Circles, Constructions, Areas Related to Circles, Surface Areas and Volumes, Statistics, Probability.
- Advanced II: Sets, Relations and Functions, Trigonometric Functions, Principle of Mathematical Induction, Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations, Linear Inequalities, Permutations and Combinations, Binomial Theorem, Sequences and Series, Straight Lines, Conic Sections, Introduction to Three Dimensional Geometry, Limits and Derivatives, Mathematical Reasoning, Statistics, Probability.
- Advanced III: Relations and Functions, Inverse Trigonometric Functions, Matrices, Determinants Continuity and Differentiability and Application of Derivatives.
- Advanced IV: Integrals, Application of Integrals, Differential Equations, Vector Algebra, Three Dimensional Geometry, Linear Programming and Probability.
- Problems II: Real Numbers, Polynomials, Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables, Quadratic Equations, Arithmetic Progressions, Triangles, Coordinate Geometry, Introduction to Trigonometry, Some Applications of Trigonometry, Circles, Constructions, Areas Related to Circles, Surface Areas and Volumes, Statistics, Probability.
- Problems III: Questions on Sets, Relations and Functions, Trigonometric Functions, Principle of Mathematical Induction, Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations, Linear Inequalities, Permutations and Combinations, Binomial Theorem, Sequences and Series, Straight Lines, Conic Sections, Introduction to Three Dimensional Geometry, Limits and Derivatives, Mathematical Reasoning, Statistics, Probability.
- Class 11th NCERT Chemisty-Part 1
- Class 11th NCERT Chemisty-Part 2
- Class 12th NCERT Chemisty-Part 1
- Class 12th NCERT Chemisty-Part 2
- Class 11th NCERT Physics-Part 1
- Class 11th NCERT Physics-Part 2
- Class 11th NCERT Physics Problems
- Class 12th NCERT Physics-Part 1
- Class 12th NCERT Physics-Part 2
Following books can also be very helpful:
- Physics: H.C.Verma - Buy from Amazon.in
- Physical Chem: R.C. Mukherjee
- Inorganic: Er. Ram(MTG) or NCERT
- Organic: Girijesh Dubey(MTG) or Arihant's Organic or Morrison Boyd - Buy from Amazon.in
- Maths: M.L. Khanna
- Negative marking will be there in the question paper for wrong answers and multiple choice questions to tick the correct answer. You must be well prepared for the exam rather than just relying on your luck, as the format may appear new to you.
- Firstly, you will have to study NCERT 11th standard books. This is the most crucial of all. Now following mentioned is the subject-wise elaboration:
- Physics: The questions will be based on fundamentals of physics and not on subject knowledge. You need to practically put the question in the situation to arrive at the answer. So right from the very beginning start thinking about why and how. Some topics like Optics and Electrodynamics of 12th are very important. NCERT 12th standard books are very useful in such case.
- Chemistry: It is very must to study the NCERT books of 11th standard in detail. Trust me that will surely help, particularly for Organic chemistry. You may also need to know the fundamentals of Inorganic, if you seriously want to reach at the top spot, you may refer the 12th standard NCERT books but that is just 1 or 2 questions maximum and I left those in the exam.
- Maths: I should have started with this because The questions are lengthy as well as logical. Your Non-Programmable Science-Calculator won't be much of an assistance. There is no specific topic that I can pin-point but it is totally Basic Maths. The ultimate goal is put some value and remove the other alternatives. Regarding the preparation part, practice the previous year papers and you will get the feel out of it.
- Biology: It must be noted that, Biology is the easiest of all sections in the KVPY. All you have to do is just to memorize, what you have learnt till now and a little touch of 11th biology. Topics such as Immunity, Heredity and Evolution are very important from the perspective of exam. NCERT may be handy and you can study them quite easily. But try to remember the difficult biology terms.
- The main crux is: You need to workout on your fundamentals and just be clear with the logics.
Discussions & Questions
I want know about how to prepare for KVPY now I am studying in class 12th mp board maths ( - ha...@ on )
1 AnswerFor 12th KVPY you will appear in stream SX and you can refer material at - https://www.doorsteptutor.com/Exams/KVPY/Stream-SB-SX/
- Examrace on
I want to know whether a student can write KVPY exam (SX-stream) only on PCB subjects? If so will they have separate question paper having cosidered only PCB? ( - ch...@ on )
1 AnswerFor SA stream, all four subjects are compulsory however for SB and SX stream you can appear for any 3 of the 4 subjects (in simple terms either biology or mathematics). The question paper will be the same for all.
- Examrace on
I want to know the conditions for writing this exam. ( - sh...@ on )
1 AnswerThe eligibility for KVPY exam and details on who can appear for KVPY are available at the following page - https://www.examrace.com/KVPY/KVPY-Information/KVPY-Eligibility.html
- Examrace on
KVPY SB CATEGORY. I WANT PREPARATION BY BOOK AT HOME. MATHS PAPER FOR ALL CANDIDATE OR ONLY FOR MATHS STUDENTS. I COMPLETED 12TH IN PCB. ( - dr...@ on )
1 AnswerPlease check out the details on KVPY eligibility at the following link-https://www.examrace.com/KVPY/KVPY-Information/KVPY-Eligibility.html
- Examrace on
Please tell me how to prepare for KVPY,Now I am studying in 11the ISC Bio maths. ( - sr...@ on )
1 AnswerYou must refer NCERT and basic books like either Dinesh or Truemans and solve lots of past papers of KVPY.
- Examrace on