Tips For KVPY Interview Test
- The interview nowadays is better known as a Personality Test.
- This is because it is a test not of the academic knowledge, but of the overall personality of the candidate/aspirant.
- Interview concentrates more on an individual's soft skills rather than theoritical knowledge. Good communication skills and self-confidence gives an upper hand at the time of selection.
- The soft skills, if taken care of is good as all candidates stand in the same sphere as far as knowledge base is concerned.
- Bear in mind that interview is not always a question-answer session and the Board panel is looking for the aspect of personality that concerns them.
- Its not necessary that you know answer to every question of the interviewer. But you should be able to speak a frank No with politeness and cheerfulness.
- Always remember that the interview is not a cross examination, but a natural, purposeful conversation.
- Personality is a thing which you carry with yourself. It is not formed in a day. It evolves and changes every day.
- One should form a group of 4 − 5 people, as the preparation for Personality Test cannot be done in isolation. Try holding as many mock interviews as possible.
- It is better to practise for interview in a group rather than by yourself. This is because others act as a mirror to you. They reflect your mistakes, positive points and grey areas. This you can improve by practise, taking suggestions and other methods. Practise more and more. Ask your group members to create adverse conditions for you so that you know how much pressure you can handle at the time of interview.
- Dressing is a major area where you need to focus as your dressing reflects many things about you. Your dress should be chosen according to the weather conditions that are prevailing at that point of time. Do not wear new or newly stitched clothes, as they make you consious about your look and also makes you feel uncomfortable. Light colours should be preferred. White colour is a good choice.
- Men should prefer to wear light coloured shirt and a dark trouser with a tie (if weather permits). Women appear best in a saree or salwar/kameez.
- Pay attention to the minute details such as your clothes should be ironed, shoes polished, hair accessories, trimmed nails etc. Wear comfortable and well polished footwear like black or brown leather shoes.
- Your hair shouldn't be falling on your face as this causes irritation to you as well as the interviewer.
- Do not wear anything that connects you with a religious or political group.
- Avoid using heavy perfume/deodorants.
- In case you have a running nose or have cold/cough, carry a handkerchief, or tissue paper. Tissue paper is preferable.
- Do not take unnecessary medicines to have a sound sleep, the night before the interview. This may affect your level of alertness during the interview.
- Have a light meal on the day of the Personality Test. Avoid going without eating or over-eating.
- First impression is often the best impression. So create a positive, good impression within the first few minutes of the interview.
- Arrive 20 − 30 minutes early. After reaching there, relax.
- While waiting for your turn in the waiting area, do not let your mind be equipped with thoughts of future suppositions. Be calm. You may read a newspaper or a magazine.
- Take deep breaths closing your eyes. This will help your breathing pace go down and thereby relax the thoughts that are pouring in:
- Take a final, deep breath before entering the boardroom.
- Knock the door before you enter the interview room. It indicates basic courtesy.
- On entering the room, greet all the members cordially. Do not sit down on the seat unless asked to:
- If there is a lady member in the interview board, greet her first.
- Keep aware of your body language when you are getting seated.
- At the time of interview, men should keep the feet horizontal touching the floor, knees at waist level, and hands on thighs. The elbows should be kept on the armchair.
- Women may cross ankles or legs, but should take care that the bottom leg is straight down and is not swinging over the top leg. Elbows should be positioned on the arms of the chair. In both cases, take care that you do not lock hands.
- At the end of the Personality test, thank all the panel members one last time with a cheerful face. While leaving the room, keep your body posture straight.
- Communicate with the interviewer as the interview is a two-way process.
- Do not try to be what you are not. Be yourself. Do not be artificial. Be truthful, transparent and honest.
- The object of the interview is to assess the suitability of the aspirant/candidate for a career in public service.
- Your background and details help interviewers to form an opinion about you. The questions posed to you in the-Personality Test are based on this.
- The interviewers may not express anything even if you have answered very well. Don't get upset.
At time of Interview
In a personality test, what is of importance is how you say what you say. It is the style of presentation that matters.
It is the time of 25 − 30 minutes which you have got. Remember you have to present your best within this time.
Be attentive and listen to each question carefully. Do not interrupt in between during the question as it may unnecessarily waste your time. You may seek clarification politely after you have been asked, if there is any confusion.
Take your time to answer. Do not rush away with your answers. This shows your impatience and nervousness. Pause a while before answering, even if you know the answer.
At times, you will be given situations wherein you will be required to take a decision. These situations are given so as your decision making ability in the adverse conditions can be tested. Try a balance the decision from viewpoint of all stakeholders.
Your replies should be crisp and to the point. Do not try to ellaborate answers by repeating the same thing in different manner.
Maintain a gentle smile during the interview. But it shouldn't be too much. Wherever possible use your sense of humour judiciously.
Discussions & Questions
I want mock questions for KVPY interviewn ( - an...@ on )
1 AnswerPlease check out the following link for what to do and what not to do in KVPY interview and mock questions for KVPY-https://www.examrace.com/KVPY/KVPY-Interview
- Examrace on
What should I read for KVPY interview? ( - pa...@ on )
1 AnswerFor interview preparation, please refer https://www.examrace.com/KVPY/KVPY-Interview
- Examrace on