NDA 17th April 2016 Notification [ NDA Updates ]
National Defense Academy NDA-2016 is an all India level entrance examination hosted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for recruiting applicants to the Indian Defense forces that includes Indian Navy, Indian Army, and Indian Air Force after 12th class.
The NDA examination is hosted twice in a year namely NDA 2016:
(I) in the month of April, 2016
(II) In the month of September, 2016
Important Dates for NDA-I 2016
- Notification will be available from 2nd January 2016.
- Last date of registration 29th January 2016 till 11: 59 PM.
- Exam will be held on 17th April 2016
Important Dates for NDA-II 2016
- Notification will be available from 18th June 2016.
- Last date of registration 15th July 2016 till 11: 59 PM.
- Exam will be held on 18th September 2016.
- The applicant should be a citizen of India, Nepal, Bhutan, or Tibetan migrant who came to India before the 01 January, 1962 with the purpose of eternally settling in India.
- Unmarried candidates are only eligible to appear in the NDA 2016 exam
- Candidate must not be born before 2nd July 1997 and not after than 1st July 2000 are eligible to apply.
For Indian Army wing:
- The interested candidates must qualified 12th class from a recognized board/university or candidates pursuing in 12th or equivalent examination can also apply.
For Air force and Indian Navy:
- The candidates must have qualified or pursuing class 12thwith Mathematics and physics from a recognized board or university.
- Candidate needs to pay Rs. 100 for getting the application form.
- Candidate must be physically fit. Candidate must fulfill all the physical standards norms.
- Candidate will be selected on the basis of their performance in the written test and SSB Interview.
Exam Pattern for NDA 2016:
The NDA exam comprises two papers:
- General ability test,
General Ability Test
- The test consists of two sections Section A and Section B.
- The section A contains questions of English and
- Section B includes the questions of general knowledge.
- The mathematics paper carries out 300 marks and consists of MCQs based on the syllabus of class 10th and 11th.
- There is also a negative marking for the wrong responses given by candidates.
- The candidates are selection is based on their score in the written test as well as the SSB interview which generally last for 4 - 5 days.
- The candidates who successfully qualify the written exam are called for the SSB interview and after clearing all the rounds in the interview, the final merit list is prepared and the selection is done after the medical process and document verification.
- The result is declared one month after the examination; the candidates can check their result from the official website of UPSC.
- All the information regarding NDA I and NDA II result will be updated here in this page.
- Published/Last Modified on: December 18, 2015