NEET PG Memory Based Sample Questions Set 40 for 2018
1. Nystagmus can be induced by all except?
a. caloric test
b. optokinetic test
c. patch test
2. What is the treatment of choice for absolute glaucoma?
3. What is the treatment of choice for primary peritonitis?
a. laparatomy with peritoneal toilet
b. laparascopy with peritoneal lavage
c. conservative management
4. Disproportionationate growth retardation is seen in all except?
5. Acidity of urine is mostly due to?
a. amino acids
b. uric acid
6. Glomerular endotheliosis in pregnant women is seen in?
7. All of the physiological changes occur in pregnancy except?
a. increased cardiac output
b. increased heart rate
c. increased stroke volume
d. increased peripheral resistance
8. All are true about pulsus parvus except?
a. seen in aortic stenosis
b. decreased left ventricular output
c. decreased peripheral resistance
d. decreased pulse pressure
9. Which of the following test is most sensitive for diabetic nephropathy?
a. creatinine clearance
b. glucose tolerance test
c. serum creatinine
d. urine albumin
10. Increase in radius of resistance vessels causes?
a. increase in capillary blood flow
b. increase in peripheral resistance
11. Blood for HLA typing is taken from?
c. adult women
d. adult man
12. All of the following are major criteria for toxic shock syndrome except?
a. mucosal membranes involved
b. erythematous lesions all over body
c. temperature greater than 38.8 degree celsius
13. All of the following are true about aberrant renal vessels except?
14. The most common cause of ulcers in diabetic foot?
c. high glucose content
15. All of the following are associated with increased cytokines except?
a. IFN gamma
16. All of the following are true about dengue haemorrhagic fever except?
b. relative leucocytosis
d. decreased hematocrit
17. All are true about meniere's disease except?
a. deafness , vertigo , tinnitus and vomiting are seen
b. tympanic membrane normal
c. inner endolymphatic system normal
18. Most common cause of hyperparathyroidism?
a. parathyroid adenoma
b. parathyroid hyperplasia
c. parathyroid carcinoma
19. A patient presents with seizures , adenoma sebaceum and mental retardation . what is the diagnosis?
b. tuberous sclerosis
20. Amiodarone toxicity causes all except?
a. disorders of thyroid function
c. corneal deposits
d. pulmonary fibrosis
21. Which of the following is wrongly matched?
a. hepatitis B - hepatocellular carcinoma
b. EBV - nasopharyngeal carcinoma
c. HSV 1 - carcinoma cervix
d. HHV 8 - kaposi sarcoma
22. All of the following are true about minimum alveolar concentration regarding isoflurane except?
a. decreases with age
b. decreases in pregnency
c. decreases due to acute alcoholism
d. males have high MAC
23. All of the following are true about postoperative vomiting except?
a. more in males than females
b. more in elderly people
c. more due to thiopentone than propofol
24. Hydrops fetalis is seen in:
25. Constriction band is seen in all except?
a. premature application of forceps
c. intrauterine manipulations
d. obstructed labour