Medical Students Have to Clear National Exit Test (NEXT) for Degree [ NEET Updates ]
Students of medical will have to do more than complete a five-and-a-half-year-long medical course to get the title ’doctor. Union health ministry unveiled Draft Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Bill 2016. They have to pass the National Exit Test (NEXT).
- Test is expected to create a level-playing field in medical education, progressively becoming privatized.
- NEXT exam would be improve the quality level of medical education in India and helps to benchmark students.
It will substitute three tests including:
- NEET for postgraduate admissions
- Recruitment for central health services
- Foreign graduate medical examination
- NEXT will be an outcome-based test.
- How the student have performed in NEXT exam from the individual colleges will be made public.
- Above 90% students of colleges clearing the test. It will automatically act as an indicator.
- While selecting colleges, students can make an informed choice.
- Government should introduce the complete Medical Council reforms instead of such partly efforts.
- NEXT exam will bring about standardization.
- Inspection by authorities can just rate the infrastructure of a college.
- Only outcome of NEXT can be a noticeable parameter to determine the quality of that college.
- Published/Last Modified on: December 30, 2016
Step-by-step explanations to Numerous NEET Biology, Physics and Chemistry questions many from past papers on the device of your choice, you won't miss another question in exam! Unlike textbooks, detailed notes and video lessons focus on most important aspects for real exam.