National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) 2017 [ NEST Updates ]
NEST (National Entrance Screening Test) is a national level entrance test. NEST is a compulsory test for admission to the 5-year integrated MSC programme in basic sciences-Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics- at National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai- department of Atomic Energy Center for Excellence in Basic sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai.
- NISER and UM-DAE CEBS both were set up by the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India in 2007.
- This exam is conducted once in a year.
- NEST-2017 is conducted in around 60 cities, over 100 venues in India.
Online Application Start
2nd January 2017
Last date of application Form
6th March 2017
NEST Admit card
14th April 2017
NEST Exam date
27th May 2017 (10.00 AM to 1.00 PM)
16th June 2017
NEST 2017 Application Form:
- Candidate can fill and submit application form only via online mode.
- Application Form will not be available through offline mode.
- Application Form will be available from the 2nd January 2017 to 6th March 2017.
- Candidates have to fill the application form with all details and upload the scanned images along with.
Application Fee details:
Male (General and OBC categories)
Male (SC and ST categories)
Female (All category)
Persons with Physical Disability
Mode of Payment:
- Online using net banking/ credit card/ debit card.
- If paying through DD, candidates are required to send the DD along with the printed application form through speed post at the address given below:
The Chief Coordinator, NEST 2016
National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER)
At/PO-Jatni, District-Khurda, PIN-752050, Odisha, India
How to apply online:
To apply for NEST exam candidates have to follow the given.
Step 1: Registration:
- Visit the official portal www.nestexam.in
- Click on the link “Apply online”
Step 2: Fill the application form:
- Enter your basic details, Choice of exam center and academic details & click on the submit button.
- Confirm your registration.
- Enter your Email ID & Password & Click on “Login” Button.
- Candidates have to fill the application form & click on ‘Save’ button.
- Note down the application number.
Step 3: Upload the scanned documents:
- Upload the scanned documents (Photograph & signature) & Click on “Next” button.
Step 4: Fee payment:
- Now, candidates have to submit the application form fee through online mode.
- Select the payment mode.
Step 5: Preview page & Submit:
- Change any information in the application form need to log out & re-login again.
- No changes will be allowed after submission.
- After completing all the procedure, click on “submit” button
Required documents/ details:
- Valid Email ID.
- Scanned Photograph & signature in JPEG Format.
- Size of the scanned images is less than 100 KB each.
- Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking Details.
- Examination Centre list.
- Qualification Details.
NEST Exam Pattern:
- Only 3 highest scored sections was considered for merit calculation.
- Mode of language will be English only.
- Question contain objective type questions.
- Question paper will be asked in OMR pattern.
- Question paper will contain total 230 marks.
NEST-2017 Seat reservation:
60 test centres for NEST 2017:
For the best preparation of NEST exam and detail of NEST examination pattern, Study material, Syllabus, Previous year paper visit: www.examrace.com
- Published/Last Modified on: December 30, 2016
Discussions & Questions
Is there no any exam venue in Bihar?? ( - aj...@ on )
- Examrace on
↩ PreviousNEST Exam to be Held on 28th May 2016