Information about NIPER, its Department and Entrance
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) has been created as a center of excellence for higher training, research and development in pharmaceutical sciences and technology and its first institute of this kind in the country. The institute has been declared as an institute of national importance by Government of India and established by an act of Parliament.
For general information go to niper's web site
The institute offers the students various courses viz. M. Pharm, M. Tech (Pharm). M. S (Pharm.) and Ph. D. Programmes in various departments every year.
Specialization branch you can select at time of counseling.
At present there are total eleven departments in this institute.
Pharmacology and toxicology
Pharmaceutical technology (Bulk drugs) (chemistry)
Pharmaceutical technology (Formulation) (Pharmaceutics)
Pharmaceutical technology Biotechnology (PTBT)
Practice of pharmacy.
M. B. A (Pharm).
M. Pharm. In Clinical Research.
M. S (Pharm.). Toxicology.
Entrance test's pattern
- Entrance consists of 200 questions in 2 hours.
- Questions will be very easy so no need to go in depth of the topic.
- Basic concepts based questions are asked.
- M. Pharma branches and M. B. A. Has a common entrance paper.
- Read some General knowledge aspects also.
- This syllabus is just like GATE entrance but more specific in Basic Chemistry rather medicinal chemistry
NIPER's Thrust areas
- Microbial and viral diseases: Yeast, and fungi.
- Parasitic and tropical diseases: Malaria, Leishmaniasis, amoebiasis, cancer, aids etc.
- Metabolic Disorders: Diabetes Strokes
- Oxidizing, reducing agents & Stereochemistry
- Organic reactions & mechanisms
- Peptide and carbohydrate chemistry.
- Genomics and proteomics: Yeast and fungi
- Hormonal disorders: Sex & TSH related diseases.