Paper 3 has been removed from NET from 2018 (Notification)- now paper 2 and 3 syllabus is included in paper 2
NTA (UGC) NET June-December 2018 Syllabus for Labour Welfare and Industrial Relations
NTA (UGC) NET Labour Welfare and Industrial Relations Syllabus 2012
Code No. 55
Subject: Labour Welfare and Industrial Relations, Labour and Social Welfare, Human Resource Management.
- There will be two question papers, NTA (UGC) NET Labour Paper II and Paper III.
- Paper II will consist of 50 questions worth 2 mark each.
- Paper III will consist of 75 questions worth 2 mark each.
NTA (UGC) NET Labour Paper II & Paper III-A (Core Group)
- Schools of Management thought-Scientific Management School, Human Relations School, Behaviour School, System Approach.
- Function of Management-Planning: Types, Steps, Organising.
- Direction, Control, Coordination, Communication.
- Personnel Management: Functions, Structure of Personnel Department, Line and Staff, Job Analysis, Manpower Planning, New Challenges.
- Recruitment and Selection, Placement and Induction.
- Wage and Salary Administration, Job evaluation, Methods of Wage payment linking wages with productivity.
- Grievance handling and Disciplinary action.
- HRD Concept, Importance, Evolution, Functions, Organisation of HRD Function.
- Performance appraisal, Training and Development, Quality of worklife, Career planning, Quality circles.
- Training Programmes for workers, Management Development Programmes, Evaluation of training.
- Organisational Behaviour: Concept, Importance, Evolution, Role, Group dynamics.
- Motivation, Leadership, Job satisfaction, Morale, Fatigue and Monotony.
- Organisational change and Development, Organisational effectiveness.
- Industrial Relations: Concept, Scope, Approaches, Industrial Relations System.
- Industrial disputes: Causes, Effects, Trends, Methods and Machinery for the settlement of Industrial disputes.
- Workers participation in Management, Code of discipline, Tripartite bodies, ILO, Industrial relations and the new economic reforms.
- Trade Unions: Meaning, Objectives, Functions, Theories, Structure of Trade Unions.
- Trade Union Movement in India, Leadership, Finance, Union Politics, Inter and rutia-union Rivalry.
- Labour legislation, Objectives, Principles, Classification, Evolution of labouR'legislation in India, Impact of ILO, Labour legislation and Indian Constitution.
- Factories Act, 1948.
- Employees State Insurance Act, 1948; Workmen's Compensation Act, 1923; Maternity Benefit Act, 1961.
- Trade Unions Act, 1926; Industrial Employment (Standing orders) Act, 1946; Industrial Disputes Act, 1947.
- Minimum Wages Act, 1948; Payment of Wages Act, 1936; Equal Remuneration Act, 1976; Payment of Bonus Act, 1965.
- Labour Welfare: Meaning, Definition, Scope, Theories, Principles and approaches.
- Statutory and Non-statutory labour welfare: Intra-mural and extra-mural welfare.
- Agencies of Labour Welfare: State, Employer, Trade Unions, Voluntary Agencies.
- Labour Market, Features, Demand and Supply of Labour, Nature and Composition of Indian Labour Force, Unemployment and Under employment.
- Concepts of wages, State Regulation of wages, Fixation of wages, Wage theories, Wage differentials.
NTA (UGC) NET Labour Welfare Paper III-B (Elective or Optional)
- Elective-I: Role of parties, Conflict, Cooperation, Industrial Actions, Bi-partitism, Tripartitism, Codes, Industrial Relations in changing scenario, Emerging trend, Future of Industrial Relations, Industrial Relations in UK and USA.
- Elective-II: Personnel Management and Economic Reforms, New Challenges, Down sizing, Golden handshake, Total quality Management, Training and Management development, Organisational change and Development, Emerging HRM concept, Personnel Management and the Multinational companies.
- Elective-III: Principles of labour legislation, Factors and forces influencing the growth of labour legislation in India, Implementation machinery Evaluation of labour legislation, Proposed changes, Impact of ILO.