Dos and Don'ts at the Praxis Exam
What to Bring
- Admission ticket and photo ID (or any other required suitable and legal ID)
- Passport with name, photograph and signature
- State or province ID issued by a motor vehicle agency with name, photograph and signature
- Legal government-issued driver's license with name, photograph and signature
- Military ID with name, photograph and signature
- National ID with name, photograph and signature
- Outside US: You must present a valid passport
- If you are taking a paper-delivered test, bring 3 to 4 sharpen soft lead (No. 2 or HB) pencils and good eraser which is not supplied by the test center. You are allowed to bring a blue or black pen for any constructed-response (essay) portion of your test, if applicable.
- For computer-delivered test, please do NOT bring your own pencils or erasers. They will be supplied by the test center.
- A calculator if allowed for your test (refer Calculator Use)
- If you are taking (0135) Art: Content and Analysis, you must bring four color photographs or at rest a copy of your own artwork in two different media. Each image must be of a different work, clear and show the complete artwork.
No Personal Items
- In test center, cell phones, smartphones, PDAs or any other electronic, photographic, recording or listening devices is not allowed. You can be discharged from the test, if you bring such devices to the test center, your test fees will be given back and your scores will be canceled. If you are seen USING such a device, along with above conditions, it will be taken away and checked. Test center staffs are not allowed to collect and/or store devices.
- Personal items are not allowed in the testing room and will not be available to you during the test or during breaks. You may also be asked to clear your pockets. If you are a taking a computer-delivered test, you will be given a space to store your belongings, such as handbags and study materials. If you are taking a paper-delivered test, safe storage space will not be available at the test center, so please plan accordingly.
- There is no personal item responsibility by the test centers.
- If you have health-interrelated needs requiring you to bring tools, beverages or snacks into the testing room or to take extra or complete breaks, you need to request room in advance.