Praxis II Chemistry Content Knowledge 0245 Exam by ETS
The Praxis II Series Chemistry Content Knowledge exam is designed to enhance the ability of teachers to teach high school chemistry. The exam is of two hours and contains 100 multiple choice questions that are divided into 7 areas as quoted below:
- 23 questions based on Periodicity and Reactivity; Chemical Reactions; Biochemistry and Organic Chemistry.
- 16 questions based on Matter and Energy; Heat, Thermodynamics and Thermo chemistry.
- 14 questions based on Nomenclature; The Mole, Chemical Bonding and Geometry.
- 14 questions based on Mathematics, Measurement, and Data Management; Laboratory Procedures and Safety.
- 12 questions based on Solutions and Solubility; Acid/Base Chemistry.
- 11 questions based on History and Nature of Science; Science, Technology and Social Perspectives.
- 10 questions based on Atomic and Nuclear Structure.
The questions on Periodicity and Reactivity; Chemical Reactions; Biochemistry and Organic Chemistry cover patterns of periodicity in electron configurations, periodicity in relation with kinds of bonds, chemical reactions, characteristics of atoms, organic chemistry and chemistry related to biology.
The questions on Matter and Energy; Heat; Thermodynamics and Thermochemistry will aim on the types, arrangement, features and preservation of matter and energy. The following area will also cover measurement of temperature; the influence of thermal energy on matter; the conduction of thermal energy; laws of molecular kinetics, gases and thermodynamics; and thermochemistry.
The questions of Nomenclature category will check your knowledge on naming system of molecular and ionic compounds and the naming of organic compounds among functional groups. Questions will also cover mole as a part of composition of chemicals, chemical formulas, chemical bonding and molecular biology.
The questions of Mathematics will focus of measuring and interpreting data and the area of Lab Procedures will cover the proper use of substances and tools used in laboratories, safety in case of mixing the chemicals and proper disposal of substances.
The questions of solutions, acids and bases will include content like vocabulary, kinds of solutions, influences of solubility, concentration and the chemistry of acids and bases.
The questions of History and Nature of Science category will include the scientific process, formulation of experiments, the history of science and issues related to science and society.
The questions on Atomic and Nuclear Structure will include the structure of atoms, the arrangement of electrons and nuclear reactions.