Praxis II French Productive Language Exam by ETS
The exam is aimed to measure French speaking and writing skills for a potential French instructor in grades K − 12. One hour will be provided, to complete the 9 questions that comprise this exam. The presentational speaking section comprises of 6 taped questions. You will be asked to respond in French, on tape to these 6 questions. 6 test questions will cover presentation speaking of French and 3 will cover presentation writing of French.
This section will give you with two warm up questions that will not be scored. You will then be asked to respond verbally, in French to the following six questions:
- A Brief Talk: You need to verbally respond to a situation printed in the test booklet, using the level of language appropriate and proper for the audience and the task.
- Oral Paraphrase: You will be asked to orally paraphrase a French text that will be played for you by the test proctor.
- Stating and Defending an Opinion: You need to state and defend an opinion in French on a topic from your test booklet.
- Giving Instructions or Picture Narration: You need to verbally state step-by-step instructions based on a series of pictures in your test booklet or; tell a story in French based on a series of pictures in your test booklet.
- Picture Description: You need to provide a detailed description in French of a picture in your test booklet.
- Role Playing: You need to respond verbally in French to a complex situation described in your test booklet.
Presentational Writing Section
In this section, you will be asked to respond to the following three questions:
- Writing Questions: You need to write four questions in French, that will elicit short as well as long answers.
- Writing a Letter or E-mail: You need to write a short letter or e-mail regarding a situation in your text booklet.
- Picture Narration: You need to write a short composition, based on a series of pictures in your test booklet.