NTSE Paper Gujarat 2015 LCT
1. Mansi wanted _____a doctor when she was in Primary School.
(A) became (B) to became (C) becomes (D) had becomes
2. Jaydeep helps his friends but he ______ not by them.
(A) is + help (B) does + help (C) is + helped (D) does + helped
3. The next year, the Government of Gujarat _____ business summit at Mahatma Mandir, Gandhinagar. ’
(A) organize (B) organized (C) will organize (D) is (organized
4. Before we reached the cinema hall, the film 'Bajarangi Bhaijan’ ____.
(A) to start (B) stfarted (C) had started (D) was started
5. l saw a beggar near the temple. He work ____ clothes, though it was winter.
(A) tears (B) tearing (C) torn (D) to tear
6. Meet and l study in the same school but Meet is cleverer than ______ .
(A) l (B) my (C) me (D) mine
7. Give the plural from of word 'mouse'
(A) mouses (B) mousies (C) mices (D) mice
8. Dr. A. P.J. Abdul Kalam was a great scientist, ___ ?
(A) was he (B) is he (C) wasn’t he (D) Won't he
9. Amit has not a big mobile, __________ ?
(A) has he (B) have he (C) have not he (D) isn't
10. Come on india ______We want a six.
(A) ! (B), (C) . (D) ?
11. Choose the correct inversion question ofthe following sentence. Kiran played cricket yesterday.
(A) is Kiran played cricket yesterday ? (C) Dose Kiran played cricket yesterday ?
(B) Was Kiran played cricket yesterday ? (D) Did Kiran played Cricket yesterday ?
12. India is one of_____ oldest civilization in the world.
(A) a (B) an (C) the (D) at
13. i will stay ___ you return.
(A) either (B) until ` (C) or (D) after
Read the passage and give the answer given below it. (14 to 17)
Once there was mouse. The mouse always looked worried because it was afraid of cats. A magician had pity on it and turned it into cat. Now the cat was afraid of dog. So the magician turned the cat into a dog. The dog began to fear tigers. Now the magician turned the dog into a tiger. The tiger began to fear hunters. Once day the magician said, 'Be the 5 mouse, again, you are no better than mouse at heart.
14. What was mouse afraid of ?
(A) dog (B) cat (C) car (D) bus
15. What did the magician turn the cat into ?
(A) rat (B) dog (C) tiger (D) ant
16. What did magician do with the dog ?
(A) turned cat (B) mouse (C) tiger (D) hunter
17. Tiger was turned into ?
(A) cat (B) dog (C) hunter (D) mouse
18. Pick odd one out.
(A) cat (B) mouse (C) rat (D) hunter
19. As brave as a _
(A) cat (B) lion (C) mouse (D) horse
20. As blind as _
(A) a been I, (B) a eagle (C) a crow (D) a bat
21. Choose the correct passive form of the sentence. He gave me a chocolate. .
(A) I was given me a chocolate. (C) A chocolate was given to me by him
(B) A chocolate is given by me. (D) A chocolate is given by him
22. Choose the opposite of 'dusk'
(A) morning' (B) day (C) dawn (D) evening
23. Maya __________playing in the garden now.
(A) was playing (B) are playing (C) is playing (D) am playing
24. Meena ________a school bag.
(A) have (B) has (C) is (D) was
25. Peacock is ________most beautiful bird. .
(A) a (B) an (C) of (D) the
26. I am waiting for ____ hour.
(A) a (B) an (C) the (D) since
27. Change the gender of 'Poet'
(A) Poet (B) Poettess (C) Pootess (D) Peotiess
28. I know the person ________is very happy.
(A) whose (B) whom (C) when (D) who
29. If I could fly, I ________to the moon.
(A) could go (B) would go (C) go (D) gone
30. What do you think_______ this place ?
(A) on (B) for (C) by (D) about
31. Rhyming word of 'hill' is____
(A) ball (B) doll (C) fall (D) chill
32. Plural form of the Word mineral is ________
(A) minerales (B) minerals (C) minarals (D) minaral's
33. Add proper question tag. Utsav passed the examination ?
(A) wasn't he (B) Didn't he (C) was he (D) did he
34. Gandhiji said, "My life is my_____ "
(A) massage (B) message (C) messge (D) meseg
35. l have come here just _______minutes ago.
(A) some (B) many (C) a few (D) much
36. find out odd one from the following.
(A) mouse (B) laptop (C) pen (D) pen drive
37. The cow is ______animal. .
(A) domestic (B)domastic (C) domise (D) demestic
38. Mina ______from the mall the next week.
(A) buy toys (B) bought toys (C) will be bought toys (D) will buy toys
39. Indian Team reached Chennai ______ train.
(A) in (B) by (C) with (D) on
40. Find out the correct spelling from the following.
(A) convineint (B) convenient (C) conenenint (D) convaneint
41. Choose the opposite word of 'manual'
(A) machenecal (B) michenical (C) mechanical (D) mechinecal
42. fine out the similar meaning of the following phrase : "Look for"
(A) look in (B) look after (C) look into (D) scarch
43. Choose the past participale form ofthe verb : "Spread"
(A) spreal (B) spreaded (C) sprond (D) spreading
44. ________water is there in the glass ?
(A) How many (B) How much (C) How far (D) How Long
45. We _____ use solar energy in our daily life.
(A) must (B) should (C) would (D) could
46. Virat Kohali has been batting_______ early morning. ‘
(A) for (B) from (C) since (D) during
47. The teacher distributed the chocolates _______ children
(A) between (B) among (C) each other (D) both
48. captain played well, India lost the match.
(A) lf (B) Unless (C) Though (D) Because
49. Rohit is not clever as Manisha. _
(A) as (B) the (C) so (D) than
50. Gandhiji believed in____.
(A) violance (B) violence (C) non violence (D) non violence