NTSE Starts from 5th November 2016 [ NTSE Updates ]
The National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) is conducted every year to identify talented students of Class X. It is a national level merit cum scholarship examination. Scholarship is awarded by GOI throughout the studies. The exam is conducted in two levels: Stage-I (State Level) and Stage-II (National Level). In each stage, there are two papers, scholastic ability and metal ability.
NTSE 2017 Events
Last date of submission Application Form of NTSE 2017
To be notified by the respective State/UT. It may vary from state to state
Stage 1: Exam in Mizoram, Meghalaya, Nagaland and Andaman & Nicobar Islands
5th November 2016
Stage 1: Exam in all other States/UTs
6th November 2016
Stage 1: Exam in Bihar & West Bengal states
13th November 2016
Stage 2: Exam in all the States/UTs
14th May 2017
Application Form will be available from State/ UT Liaison officers- click here to download the list of State/ UT Liaison officers Address and website
NTSE Scholarship 2016
Scholarships are awarded for difference stages of education as follows:
- Scholarship of Rs. 1250/- per month for Class-XI to XII
- Scholarships of Rs. 2000/- per month for Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- Amount of Scholarship for PhD be fixed in accordance with the UGC standards
- 15% scholarships will be reserved for SC category students
- 7.5% scholarships for ST category students
- 3 % for Physically Challenged group of students
NTSE 2016 Eligibility Criteria
- Every of Class X student studying in a recognized schools is eligible to appear for the Stage-I examination, conducted by the States/UTs, in which the school is located.
- Students registered under Open Distance Learning (ODL) will also be eligible for scholarship, provided the student is below the age 18 years.
Selection Process for NTSE scholarship
- Stage-I, selection will be done by States/UTs.
- Candidates who qualify Stage-I will be eligible to appear for Stage-II examination, conducted by NCERT.
Exam Pattern for NTSE 2017
Stage-I: State/UT level Examination will Include
- Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) also includes Language Comprehensive Test.
Stage-II: The Examination will Include
No. of Questions
No. of Marks
Mental Ability Test (MAT)
Language Test (LT) English/Hindi
Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
Get thousands of fully solved questions with detailed explanations for both SAT and MAT papers of NTSE stage I & II at www.doorsteptutor.com including previous years’ questions. Includes Mental-Ability, Scholastic-Aptitude, Language Comprehension, and NCERT Based General Knowledge.
- Published/Last Modified on: October 7, 2016