HBCSE Biology Olympiad
The International Biology Olympiad (IBO) is an event which is conducted every year for pre-university students. This event intitiated in the year 1990 for encouraging the students to choose for biology education at the higher secondary school level.
India started participating in IBO from the year 2000. As a part of it, India also hosted the 19th IBO in July 2008 in Mumbai. The programme has five stages which are as under:
- Stage I: National Standard Examination in Biology (NSEB)
- Stage II: Indian National Biology Olympiad (INBO)
- Stage III: Orientation cum Selection Camp (OCSC) in biology
- Stage IV: Pre-departure Training Camp (PDT) for IBO
- Stage V: Participation in International Biology Olympiad (IBO).