References for Biology Olympiad
The syllabus of National Standard Examination in Biology (NSEB) is almost similar to the syllabus of senior secondary level (Class XI and Class XII) of CBSE Biology. This is just a rough idea of the course curriculum. No detailed syllabus given for NSEB.
The syllabus for Indian National Biology Olympiad (INBO) is nearly similar to NSEB but the difficulty level of the question paper is comparatively higher. Questions and problems in National Olympiads are usually non-conventional and of high difficulty level, comparable to International Olympiads.
The books which are to be referred by the students include:
- Biological Sciences by DJ Taylor, NPO Green and GW Stout; edited by R Soper, Cambridge Low-Price Edition and published by Cambridge University Press
- Principles of Biochemistry written by AL Lehninger, DL Nelson and published by MM Cox CBS Publisher and Distributors, India
- The Nature of Life penned by John Postlethwait and Janet Hopson and published by McGraw Hill, Inc.
- Molecular Biology of the Cell authored by Bruce Alberts, Dennis Bray, Julian Lewis, Martin Raff, Keith Roberts and James D Watson and published by Garden Publishers
- Practical Skills in Biology by Allan Jones, Rob Reed and J Wyers. Publishers: Addison Wesley Longman Ltd.
- A-Level Biology (Revised Edition) written by WD Philips and TJ Chilton, published by Oxford University Press
- Molecular Cell Biology authored by Lodish, Baltimore, Berk et al and published by Scientific American Books
- Biology Campbell penned by Neil A; Reece, Jane B; Mitchell, Lawrence G Benjamin Cummings
- The Nature Of Life written by J H Postlethwait and J L Hopson. Publishers: Mc Graw Hill Inc.