HBCSE Physics Olympiad
The International Physics Olympiad (IPhO) is a competitive exam for students pursuing their secondary and higher secondary education from all over thw world. This exam is for encouraging physics development and moulding interest of children towards physics. This exam had been initiated 37 years before. The exam also helps create anf develop friendly relations between the young people from different countries.
The International Physics Olympiad (IPhO) is conducted annually in the month of June-July every year. The venue for the same differs every year.
It is believed that India's participation in the IPhO boosts the level of science education in the country. The students participating in India are encouraged to compete at international level.
India's participation in the exam initiated in the year 1998. The five stages of the exam are:
- Stage I: National Standard Examination in Physics (NSEP)
- Stage II: Indian National Physics Olympiad (INPhO)
- Stage III: Orientation cum Selection Camp (OCSC) in physics
- Stage IV: Pre-departure Training Camp (PDT) for IPhO
- Stage V: Participation in International Physics Olympiad (IPhO).