Science Olympiad Foundation
The Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF), is an educational and a non-profit organisation. This organization works for promoting and developing interest of students in the subject fields of Science, Introductory Computer Education, Mathematics and English through tests such as National Cyber Olympiad (NCO), the National Science Olympiad (NSO), the International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO) and the International English Olympiad (IEO). The Foundation is based in New Delhi (India) and works to promote the indepth study in knowledge of the above said subjects in India as well as places like Singapore, Oman, Qatar, Nepal, Bahrain, Sri Lanka, UAE and Durban. Participating students receive prizes and are felicitated. The students have to compulsarily register through schools and cannot register as individuals. For more details visit SOF website
The Science Olympiad Foundation has been continuously working to develop scientific attitude through various activities and tests along with increasing use of IT and computers in learning process so as to survive competition in recent times.
The time has come when someone has to take up the responsibility to dveloping and bringing the students of India to the upfront and place on the same order along with international talent. For this, regular assessment in terms of quality of education, intelligence quotient of students needs to be done. This initiative has been taken by SOF since last few years and it has been encouraged by the support that various institutions like WIPRO, LG, Reliance, Aakash Institute, Vidyalankar Dnyanapeeth Trust, Resonance and MTG Learning Media have provided voluntarily.
SOF's integrity and commitment towards the achievment of its objectives has come up as an encouragement and motivation to schools and children as an opportunity to excel in their fields and get benefited from its educative, informative and evaluative programmes. SOF plans for more programmes in future so as to move more faster and forward to achieve its objectives.
The key to collect many talented students is to provide a platform where they can prove themselves at national or international level. To further this cause SOF endeavors to:
- Identify, educate and motivate students who are aspiring to become scientists, technologists and IT.
- Motivate children in school to participate in national/international science and IT competitions/programmes/events
- Raise a feeling within a student of creating and personalising in the global science or IT fraternity.
- Instill a feeling of healthy competition among students through reward based Contests/Olympiads.
- Bring about a transformation in the classroom approach to science and IT to make it more interactive, practical and innovative.
- Distribute the current knowledge of the current developments taking place in science and technology.
- Project SOF as a Centre of Excellence that could cater to different schooling institutions in the areas of methodical research, new educational tools, special publications and expert advice.
Horizons of SOF
The Foundation carries out such activities and innovates such processes to make learning more interactive and interesting. Such process also involves student to test and apply his/her skills, memory, talent and knowledge to test.
For getting to its objectives the Foundation conducts workshops, seminars and science/IT competitions at different level for students of different classes and age groups. This it does in the four subjects stated above on which it focuses. The National Cyber Olympiad focuses on logical reasoning, analytical skills and IT.
The International Mathematics Olympiad is a mean to identify and encourage the mathematical creativity of children through problem solving.