Tips for SAT Examination
Those students who face difficulty in preparing for SAT would find this section very useful.
Do's and dont's for the exam and success secrets
- Minimum six months study is required before the SAT exam.
- Practise a lost of questions to improve diction and reading comprehension skills in the verbal section.
- Extra reading, following newspapers (atleast 2), reading novels, watching English movies will be quiet useful as it will form and increase your vocabulary. Make sure to check the dictionary for unfamiliar words
- Frame sentences of new words that you have learnt and try to use them in your daily life.
- Do not forget to write the new word along with its meaning in a small diary.
- Also write sentences beneath the word and meaning in the diary so as to get a clear understanding of the word.
- Keep that diary handy and whenever you have small time span between your work schedules, go through the words and its meanings.
- Divide your time wisely and equally for all subjects.
- Practise learning words in multiples so as to memorize them better instead of learning and revising one by one.
- Learn prefixes, suffixes and root meanings.
- Give importance to writing skills for the writing section and practise thoroughly for it.
- It is important to work on logic puzzles.
- SAT questions usually include a lot many questions for testing logical reasoning skills of a candidate. Purchase logic puzzle books from bookstores and practice on an everyday basis
- Form a link between two words which will lead you to solution of analogies.
- Its better to carry calculator along at the time of test for re-checking the mathematics answers quickly.
- Have confidence in yourselves.
- And always remember hard work has fruits of success. There is no shortcut to success.