SCRA 2018 Eligibility REquirements
A candidate must be either:
A citizen of India, or
a subject of Nepal, or
a subject of Bhutan, or
a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India. Or
a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b) (c), (d), and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
A candidate must have attained the age of 17 years and must not have attained the age of 21 years.
The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable in the follwing cases:
Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe: Upto a maximum of five years.
Other Backward Classes: Upto a maximum of three years.
State of Jammu & Kashmir (Domiciled during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989: Upto a maximum of five years).
Defence Services personnel (disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof): Upto a maximum of five years.
NOTE I: Cumulative Age relaxation: Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes who are also covered under other clauses mentioned above will be eligible for grant of cumulative age-relaxation under both the categories.
Date of Birth Certificate: The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University, which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the university or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate.
No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted.
Once the date of birth is recorded in the Commission, no change will be allowed subsequently (or at any other Examination of the Commission) on any grounds whatsoever.
For admission to the examination, a candidate must have (any one of the following):
- First or second division, in the Intermediate or an equivalent Examination of a University or Board approved by the Government of India with Mathematics and atleast one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination.
- Graduates with Mathematics and atleast one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as their degree subjects.
- First or second divsion, the Higher Secondary (12 years) Examination under 10 plus 2 pattern of School Education with Mathematics and atleast one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination
- Passed the first year Examination under the three year degree course of a university or the first examination of the three year diploma course in Rural Service of the National Council for Rural Higher Education or the third year Examination for promotion to the 4th year of the four year B. A./B. Sc (Evening College). Course of the Madras University with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination provided that before joining the degree/diploma course he passed the Higher Secondary examination or the Pre-University or equivalent examination in the first or second division.
- Passed the first/second year examination under the three-years degree course in the first or second division with Mathematics and either Physics or Chemistry as subjects of the examination, provided the first/second year examination is conducted by a University
- Passed in the first or second division the Pre-Engineering Examination of a University, approved by the Government of India
- Passed in the first or second division the Pre-Professional/Pre-Technological Examination of any Indian University or a recognised Board, with Mathematics and at least, one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination conducted one year after the Higher Secondary or Pre-University stage
- Passed the first year examination under the five year Engineering Degree Course of a University, provided that before joining the Degree Course, he passed the Higher Secondary Examination or pre-University or equivalent examination in the first or second division.
- Passed the first year Examination of the five-year Engineering Degree Course in the first or second division may also apply provided the first year Examination is conducted by a University
- Passed in the first or second division the Pre-Degree Examination of the Universities of Kerala and Calicut with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination.