How CSAT in MPPCS different from UPSC CSAT
MPPSC similarities with UPSC CSAT
MPPSC CSAT is very much similar to the UPSC CSAT. Both examinations have Comprehension, Interpersonal skills including communication skills, logical reasoning and analytical ability, decision making and problem solving, General mental ability, English language comprehension (Class X level).
MPPSC differences with UPSC CSAT
In MPPSC CSAT General Hindi upto Class X level is added.
Besides, General Mental ability in UPSC CSAT includes Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. Class X level) while the same section in MPPSC CSAT comprises Elementary Mathematics upto Class X level-Arithmatic, Algebra, Geometry and Statistics.
Aim of MPPSC CSAT Exam
- The Paper-2 (General Aptitude Test) is introduced with the objective of testing the aptitude of the candidates.
- The MPPSC CSAT paper is designed to test the decision-making ability of the candidate. Moreover, it also looks for the ethical and moral traits in a candidate.
- For example, comprehension section tests how good a candidate is at fact-finding, interpreting text and sifting through information.
Advantages of MPPSC CSAT starting 2013
- Now, Candidates who have administrative traits will have an edge over those who are good only in academics.
- Candidates need not rote things while appearing for this examination.