Denmark Government Scholarship Division MHRD
The Denmark Government Scholarship will be provided to those candidates, from the External Scholarships Division of the Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Govt. Of India.
The Department has an expertise in arranging huge number of international scholarships to Indian students from foreign governments. Scholarship is given in the subjects stated below:
- Atomic Research
- Dairy Technology
- Fine Arts
- Pedagogy (i.e.. For teachers of handicapped students).
The Denmark Govt. Scholarships will be offered to the students at the advanced level, graduates and specialists. These scholarships help the students either to study or to start research at any University in Denmark or any institute of further higher studies. Also, such scholarships are not for the regular course of study, as no degree as well as diploma is awarded.
- The eligibility criterion for the Denmark Government Scholarships are stated below:
- Candidates must have Indian nationality as well as should be resident in India and below 33 years of age. Incase SC/ST candidates, age relaxation is of 35 years and for academically outstanding candidates, age relaxation is of 3 months.
- Candidates must have consistently bright academic career with atleast 60% marks in post-graduation in respective subject or field of study 2 years of uninterrupted teaching experience after having acquired the desired qualification. M. Phil degree is considered as teaching experience.
- Candidates must be invited by a Danish institute of higher education.
- Candidates having knowledge of Danish language will be given priority, compared to those having no knowledge, they should be fluent in either English or German language.
- Candidates must reside in India for a period of 2 years in succession after their return from Denmark.
The Denmark Government Scholarship from the External Scholarship Division Ministry of Human Resource and Development are total 3 in number and for a time period of 4 − 8 months.
Value of Scholarship
- The Danish Government Scholarship will include tuition fee with a monthly allowance of Danish Kroner 3, 720 for students and graduates. For research scholars and specialists this amount is 4, 280 Danish Kroners.
- Scholarship is controlled on a yearly basis and is free of tax, But the tax freedom is not applicable if the time duration of stay exceeds 365 days within a 2 year period.
- Scholarship will cover the living expenses of the student or the scholar.
- Candidates cannot take up any paid job during the period of the scholarship.
- The passage fare to and from Denmark, will be paid either by the candidate, sponsor or the employer.
Candidates are requested to send in duly typed applications, on plain paper, carrying necessary sponsorship from employer and accompanied by attested copies of testimonials. Applications should reach the Director (Scholarship), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Education, External Scholarship, on the fixed date.
The notification for the Denmark Government Scholarships is basically published in all leading newspapers and Employment News in the months of December and January.
- Director (Scholarship), Ministry of Human Resource Development Department of Education, External Scholarships Division, A − 1/W3 Curzon Road Barracks, K G Marg, New Delhi 110001
- Phone No: 011 − 3384501