The HSBC Scholarships are provided by the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation. The main aim of the Program is developing leaders all around the globe, who the organization expects will contribute significantly to their immediate society. Through the implementation and proper coordination of the HSBC Scholarships, the organization wishes that the beneficiaries will form an elite group which will be committed, pertaining to improvement in the standard of living of people all across the globe.
Eligibility Criteria for the HSBC Scholarships
It is necessary to fulfill the conditions for being eligible for the HSBC Scholarships, they are stated below:
- Applicants applying for the scholarship will necessarily have to be Indian citizens and residing in India, when filing application.
- Applicants age should be below 25 years, as on the 1st September of the year in which the scholarship has been applied.
- Applicants for the scholarship can pursue undergraduate and graduate studies in United Kingdom at the universities of Oxford, Cambridge or London.
- The scholarship is not for students who wish to get PHD.
- Candidates applying for the scholarships should be registered in a recognized and reputed university.
- Candidates must have an outstanding and consistent academic background.
- Candidates who have already taken a scholarship from any other source for pursuing studies in UK are however not eligible.
Duration of Scholarships
2 scholarships will be provided to deserving and academically outstanding students for a time-period of 3 years.
Value of Scholarships
The financial help or aid under the HSBC Scholarship is for an amount of GBP 25, 000 yearly and cover the expenses of the students quoted below-
- Tuition fees for university, which will be paid directly to the university where the student is pursuing the course.
- Expenditure by the student towards boarding and lodging.
- Expenditure by the student for purchase of books.
- Air fare paid by the student, while traveling from India to London.
Application Procedure for Scholarships from HSBC Bank
- Applicants have to submit a write up of about 500 words stating the purpose of their application for the scholarship and future plans.
- Applicants have to give names of 2 persons, who know their background, achievements and contribution towards society.
- Link: www.banking.hsbc.co.in