Ireland Govt. Scholarships from External Scholarship Division, MHRD
The Ireland Government Scholarship is offered to interested candidates from the External Scholarships Division of the Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Govt. Of India. The department has an expertise in arranging for a large number of international scholarships to Indian students from foreign governments. The Scholarship will be given in the subjects stated below:
- Masters Degree in Hydrology
- Additional Subjects are:
- Environmental Resource Management
- Nursing Studies
- Community Health
- Compensatory and Remedial Education
- Occupational Health and Ergonomics
The Ireland Govt. Scholarships are offered to students who are eligible for entry course in Master's Degree in Hydrology. In some cases, the fellowships may be given again for another year to students with a proven track record.
The Government expects the scholars to come back to India and indulge themselves in constructive work on water resource development.
The eligibility criterion for the Ireland Government Scholarships are quoted below:
- Candidates should be between 23 and 33 years.
- For obtaining a Master's Degree in Hydrology, candidates should have a first class bachelor's degree in Hydrology, Engineering or respective subjects of science.
- Candidates who have a good knowledge about Ireland will be preferred.
- Candidates must have to reside in India for 2 years in succession after their return from Ireland.
- Candidates should have 2 years of experience in either training or research or teaching after graduating in the respective field of study.
Two to Six (2 − 6) Ireland Government Scholarship from the External Scholarship Division Ministry of Human Resource and Development are offered for a period of 1 year.
Value of Scholarship
- The Ireland Government Scholarship provides for:
- Air fare to and from India.
- Tuition fees to be paid by the students at the Universities.
- Cost of living allowances.
- Allowance for purchase of books.
- Expenses incurred for preparation of theses.
- Expenses incurred for purchase of woolens and other warm clothing, Ireland; as it is a cold country.
- Typed applications on plain paper along with the following should be sent to Director (Scholarship), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Education, External Scholarship, within the fixed date:
- Attested copies of all educational documents and certificates.
- Employment plans and programs.
- Employer's letter in case of employed persons.
The notification for the Ireland Government Scholarships is normally published in February-March every year.
- Director (Scholarship), Ministry of Human Resource Development Department of Education, External Scholarships Division, A − 1/W3 Curzon Road Barracks, K G Marg, New Delhi 110001
- Phone No: 011 − 3384501