Economic History Association Grants and Fellowships
The Economic History Association Grants and Fellowships were started by the Economic History Association (EHA) founded in 1940. The most important purpose of Association is fostering and boosting teaching, research as well as publication on the various phases of economic history. It also has the objective of preservation and control of materials, that are being required for starting a research in economic history.
The EHA patronizes research in the history of economics through grants and scholarships. Out of the 4 grants programs, 3 are under the administration of the Committee on Research in Economic History and 1 is managed by the Annual Meetings Program Committee.
The 4 Grants and Fellowships awards are stated below:
Arthur H Cole Grants in Aid: The Arthur H Cole Grants in Aid awards have the following features:
- Awarded for helding a research in economic history.
- Time period or geographic area are not impediments in the field of study.
- Generally the grant amount is of US $2, 500. In exceptional cases, amount may be increased.
Graduate Dissertation Fellowships: The Graduate Dissertation Fellowships have the following features-
- Applicable for students whose thesis topics have already been approved and a part of their dissertation has already been over:
- Applicants must be EHA members.
- The awards under this program are normally for $10, 000 and cannot be renewed.
The Exploratory Travel and Data Grants have the following features:
- Applicable in the case of doctoral students who are already in the process of writing a dissertation on economic history.
- Funding is for particular purposes of research topics.
- The awards will not be more than $2, 500 under any circumstances.
- The awards cannot be renewed under any circumstances but the awardees can apply in the following year for a Graduate.
Dissertation Fellowship: Annual Meetings Travel and Hotel Subsidies: These grants are applicable only for the graduate students who are keenly interested in sharing the initial results of their theses work. The benefits provided to the successful applicants are quoted below:
- Travel subsidies for train and air fares i.e.. Domestic and international.
- Complimentary rooms in hotels for a maximum of 3 nights.
- A discount of 30% on registration fees.
- A 80% off on the Saturday Presidential Banquet.
All applicants for EHA Grants and Fellowships must be the EHA members and the applications are to be emailed to the Association.