Prime Minister’S Fellowship Scheme for Doctoral Research (Open Throughout the Year) [ Scholarship Updates ]
About Prime Minister’s Fellowship Scheme for Doctoral Research: Prime Minister’s Fellowship Scheme for Doctoral Research is an attempt to encourage industry oriented research at Doctoral Studies.
- Candidates enrolled in Ph. D. program within last 14 months are eligible to apply for Prime Minister’s Fellowship Scheme for Doctoral Research.
- The candidate should find an industrial partner before apply for the fellowship, the industrial partner should be ready to partially fund the scholarship scheme i. e. maximum 3 lakh per annum and work with the scholar for the research.
- The scholar selected for the fellowship will get Rs. 6 lakh for his/her project, half of the amount will come from Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB) and the remaining from the industrial partner.
- The maximum duration of the fellowship is 4 years and every year 100 projects are provided with funds for their research.
- The selection of the projects will be done by expert panel on the basis of their potential of the project and the involved parties (Institution, Applicant, Industrial Partner, etc. )
- The applications for the scholarship are to be made online and the application process is open throughout the year.
Prime Minister’s Fellowship Scheme for Doctoral Research Reward
The research projects selected for the award will be getting half of the Fellowship amount from GOI while the other half is to be paid by the selected industrial partner. The details related to the fellowship are as follow:
- Number of Fellowships: Total 100 fellows will be provided with financial support for their projects.
- Duration of Fellowship: The maximum duration of the fellowship can be 4 years leading to the award of Ph. D. to the candidate.
- Amount of Fellowship: The total amount offellowship can be up to Rs. 6 Lakh per year, out of which 50 % will come from Science and Engineering Research Board as per JRF/SRF norms while the remaining 50 % will come from the partner industry co-applicant.
- Condition: The candidate selected for the Fellowship cannotcontinue being benefited from any other scholarship/salary.
Conducted by: Government of India
Eligibility: Ph. D. Scholars
Last date for Application: Dec 31, 2017
- Published/Last Modified on: April 9, 2017