British Chevening Scholarships
British Council invites Indian students and working professionals who wish to study or train in the UK, to apply for the British Chevening Scholarships.
- Candidates must be Indian national with a valid Indian passport.
- Candidates must be between 25 and 35 years of age as on November 30, 2006 (except B01-Gurukul for which age criteria is between 28 and 40 years old).
- Candidates must have an expertise in written and spoken English.
- Candidates must wish to study a Masters Course at a UK institution of no more than 12 months or one of the Chevening short-term professional courses.
- Visit Eligibility, For further details on eligibility.
British Chevening Scholarships enable you to:
- Study in the UK for a one-year Master's degree.
- Train for short professional courses.
- Programme is fully funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and managed by the British Council worldwide.
- Scholarships will include the tuition fee and living expenses.
- Scholarships will not include international airfares.
Long Term (open) Scholarships
These are applicable for a one-year post-graduate (Master's) study at any UK university and are funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
Scholarships available in this category are stated below:
- Open Sustainable Development Scholarships.
- Open Economic Governance, Finance and Public Administration Scholarships.
- Open Science and Innovation Scholarships.
- Indian Friends of London School of Economics Shared Scholarships.
- Important Note: Candidates applying for the Indian Friends of London School of Economics Shared Scholarships, must look for admission only to the London School of Economics.
Short Term (professional) Scholarships
Basically these are for working professionals and practitioners.
You could be a print journalist, broadcast journalist, corporate manager or environmental manager.
Scholarships available this category are stated below:
- Gurukul Senior Scholarships in Leadership and Excellence.
- Young Indian Print Journalists Programme.
- Young Indian Broadcast Journalists Programme.
How to apply
- For more detailed information on eligibility and application forms, contact the British Council office/library nearest to you.
- You can download the prospectus by visiting:
- British Council Division, British Deputy High Commission, Mittal Tower ‘C’ Wing, Second floor, Nariman Point, Mumbai-400 021
- Phone: (022) 22823560
- E-mail: Mumbai.email@example.com
- British Council Division, British Deputy High Commission, L&T Chambers, First floor, 16 Camac Street, Kolkata-700 017
- Phone: (033) 22825370
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- British Council Division, British High Commission, 17 Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi-110 001
- Phones: (011) 23711401, 23710111, 23710555
- E-mail: email@example.com
- British Council Division, British Deputy High Commission, 737 Anna Salai, Chennai-600 002
- Phone: (044) 42050600
- E-mail: Chennai.firstname.lastname@example.org