TIFAC Women Scientist Scholarship Scheme
For Women Having Science Qualification, TIFAC (Technology Information, Forecasting And Assessment Council) offers Women Scientist Scholarship Scheme. Department of Science and Technology had launched a Scholarship scheme in the year 2002 for women having science qualifications for training in the area of intellectual property rights, especially in patent searches, understanding of patent specification and preparation of technology scan report. The scheme is continuing. Applications are invited from interested women having science qualifications for availing of Scholarships.
Objective of the Scheme
- To empower the talented and skilled women who have studied science, engineering and medicines to contribute effectively in the advancement of science and technology in India. To develop a pool of women in India who are ready to undertake scientific and technical aspects of intellectual property rights.
- To train talented and skilled women who have studied science, engineering and medicines in patent searches and other aspects of intellectual property rights enabling them to seek particular employment or be self employed.
- To develop a core of professionals for preparing repots such as technology scan based on patent information.
- To develop a pool of resource persons in intellectual property rights for conducting workshops on IPR.
- Candidates age must not be more than 50 year and must have sound health.
- Candidates should be MSC or PHD in physical sciences, chemical sciences, life sciences or BTech or BE/MTech or MBBS/MS/MD/MVSc/MPharma with an outstanding academic record. Candidates with higher qualifications can also apply.
- Candidates should have a good knowledge of computers in handling database, surfing the net and information searches.
- Candidates with research experience, preparing project reports and experience of thesis writing will be preferred.
The Scholarship will be provided for a period of one year and the amount of Scholarship will be maximum of Rs. 10, 000 per month for candidates having MSC, BTech, MBBS and maximum of Rs. 15, 000 per month for Ph. D/M. Tech/MPharma/MVSc and MS/M. D.
- The Director, Patent Facilitating Centre, Technology Information, Forecasting & Assessment council (TIFAC), Vishwakarma Bhavan, A-Wing, Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg, New Delhi-110 016
- Ph: 26967458, 26592815, 28592802
- Website: Indian Patents