Competitive Exams: William Shakespeare Comedy of Errors Charcters
- Antipholus of Syracuse-The twin brother of Antipholus of Ephesus and the son of Egeon; he has been traveling the world with his slave, Dromio of Syracuse, trying to find his long-lost brother and mother.
- Antipholus of Ephesus-The twin brother of Antipholus of Syracuse and the son of Egeon; he is a well-respected merchant in Ephesus and Adriana's husband.
- Dromio of Syracuse-The bumbling, comical slave of Antipholus of Syracuse. He is the twin brother of Dromio of Ephesus.
- Dromio of Ephesus-The bumbling, comical slave of Antipholus of Ephesus. He is the Syracusan Dromio's twin brother.
- Adriana-The wife of Antipholus of Ephesus, she is a fierce, jealous woman.
- Luciana-Adriana's unmarried sister and the object of Antipholus of Syracuse's affections.
- Solinus-The Duke of Ephesus; a just but merciful ruler.
- Egeon-A Syracusan merchant, husband of the Abbess (Emilia), and the father of the two Antipholi. He is, like his Syracusan son, in search of the missing half of his family; he has been sentenced to death as the play begins.
- Abbess-Emilia, the long-lost wife of Egeon and the mother of the two Antipholi.
- Balthasar-A merchant in Syracuse.
- Angelo-A goldsmith in Syracuse and a friend to Antipholus of Ephesus.
- Merchant-An Ephesian friend of Antipholus of Syracuse.
- Second Merchant-A tradesman to whom Angelo is in debt.
- Doctor Pinch-A schoolteacher, conjurer, and would-be exorcist.
- Luce-Also called Nell. Antipholus of Ephesus ‘prodigiously fat maid and Dromio of Ephesus’ wife.
- Courtesan-An expensive prostitute and friend of Antipholus of Ephesus.
Discussions & Questions
What are the books to study for KAS preliminary exam for optional subjects of public administration , Sociology, Geography ( - di...@ on )
1 AnswerKindly refer the following booklist page - https://www.examrace.com/Subject-Book-Lists/
- Examrace on