Competitive Exams: Word List: Vocabulary U
Word List: U
- ulterior: Situated beyond
- umbrage: Offense, resentment
- uncouth: Rough, awkward
- underbid: Make a lower bid then smb else
- undermine: Weaken gradually, at the base, make smth under
- undulate: To move in wavelike fashion, fluctuate
- unencumbered: Easy-going, trifle
- unfeigned-not pretended, sincere
- unscathed: Unharmed, unhurt
- untoward: Unfortunate, inconvenient
- upbraid: Scold, reproach
- urbane: Elegant, refined in manners
- ubiquitous: Being present everywhere.
- ulterior: Not so pertinent as something else to the matter spoken of. Umbrage: A sense of injury. Unctuous: Oily.
- undermine: To subvert in an underhand way. Undulate: To move like a wave or in waves. Untoward: Causing annoyance or hindrance. Upbraid: To reproach as deserving blame.