Tezpur University, Assam
Tezpur University was grounded in the calm, composed and self-possessed ambience in 1994. The University tops the list with the exceptional and the lowest student teacher ratio in India. The administrative posts of Tezpur University are taken over by:
- President APJ Abdul Kalam, Visitor
- Governor, Assam Lt. Gen (Retd.) Ajai Singh, Chancellor
- Prof. Mihir K. Chaudhuri, Vice-Chancellor
The various departments under Tezpur University are as follows:
School Of Science And Technology
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemical Sciences
- Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- Department of Food Processing Technology
School Of Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Comm. Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
School Of Humanities & Social Sciences
- Department of English and Foreign Languages
- Department of Cultural Studies
- Department of Mass Comm. And Journalism
- Department of Sociology
School Of Energy, Environment & Natural Resources
- Department of Energy
- Department of Environmental Science
School Of Management Sciences
- Department of Business Administration.
The various courses which are offered by Tezpur University are as follows:
- MA in Cultural Studies
- MA in English
- MA in Mass Communication and Journalism
- MSc in Polymer Science
- MSc in Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
- Master in Computer Applications
- MTech in Electronics Design & Technology
- MTech in Bio electronics
- MTech in Information Technology
- MSc in Mathematics
- MSc in Physics
- MSc in Nano science & Technology
- MSc in Food Processing Technology
- MSc in Environmental Science
- MTech in Energy Technology
- MA in Sociology
- MBA (Full Time)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Tourism Management
- Certificate Course in Entrepreneur
- B Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
- B Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Repairing and Maintenance of Consumer Electronic Equipments.
For P. G degree, Diploma and certificate programme, selections for admission are made on the basis of performance in the Entrance test.
Examination and interview: For B. Tech Programme selections are made on the rank in the All India Engineering/Architecture Entrance Examination (AIEEE) conducted by the CBSE, generally in April. Seperate applications must be given for admission in Tezpur University whose entrance examination centers are placed at Imphal, Itanagar, Jorhat, Kokrajhar, North Lakhimpur, Agartala, Aizawl, Dibrugarh, Guwahati Shillong, Silchar, Siliguri and Tezpur.
Application forms and prospectus can be collected from Head Post Office at Agartala, Aizwal, Dibrugarh, Imphal, Itanagar, Jorhat, Kokrajhar, Guwahati (Panbazar), North Lakhimpur, Shillong, Silchar, Siliguri and Tezpur with payment of Rs. 325 in cash or by sending a request to the Controller of Examinations, Tezpur University, P O-Napam, Tezpur, Pin-784028, Dist-Sonitpur, Assam with a bank draft of Rs. 350 drawn in favor of the Registrar, Tezpur University payable at Tezpur.
Application forms are available from the month of March to April. The entrance test is conducted in the month of June.
The university boasts of the following facilities:
- Library, which has a huge collection of books, newspapers, journals.
- Computer Center with State of the art infrastructure
- Conveyance facilities in the form of bus service.
- Hostel facilities for students.
- Health care centers for students in the university campus.
- Scholarship facilities for meritorious and needy students.
Important Know Hows
Admission in MBA is through the general MAT entrance test while to Bio Technology and Molecular Biology is through the Biotechnology test conducted by JNU.
PhD programmes are also offered by the various institutes of University i.e.. By the department of Mathematical Sciences, Electronics & Communication Engineering; English & Foreign Languages, Mass Communication and Journalism, Chemical Sciences, Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, Physics, Computer Science & Engineering, Energy, Cultural Studies for which mimimum qualification required is Master's degree in Humanities and Social Science, Engineering Technology, Master's Degree in allied subject with good academic records with minimum of 55% marks in the Master's degree.
Tezpur (Central) University