International Institute of Information Technology, Gachibowli
The International Institute of Information Technology, previously known as the Indian Institute of Information Technology is an independent institution which was established in the year 1998 with financial support from the Government of Andhra Pradesh and other reputed organizations in the corporate sector. The institute is a Deemed University which strives for excellence in the field of Information Technology through a uniquely broad based and all encompassing syllabi covering a wide range of subjects.
IIIT Hyderabad is a residential seat of learning where students are required to stay on campus during their period of study. Separate hostel facilities for girls and boys are available.
Modern facilities like:
- Excellent class rooms
- Well equipped laboratories
- Libraries with books on all subjects
- Internet facility through wireless are available to the students.
IIIT Hyderabad Courses
- Apart from B. Tech, you can choose from the following list of MTech and PhD programmes offered by the institute.
- CSE (Computer Science & Engineering)
- Computer Science and Information Security
- Computer Aided Structural Engineering
- VLSI and Embedded Systems
- IT in Building Sciences
- Computational Linguistics
- Communication Systems and Signal Processing
- Power Systems
Eligibility for Admission to IIIT Hyderabad
Masters Degree in Computer Science and Engineering or Bioinformatics:
Eligibility: BTech/BE Degree
PhD-Eligibility: ME/MTech/Master's degree in Science.
IIIT Hyderabad Application Procedures
Applications for IIIT Gachibowli are to be made online.
You have to select the programmes for which you will appear in the test. Rs. 800 is the cost of application for one programme and for every additional course you choose, you have to pay Rs. 50.
Demand Draft has to be drawn in favor of ‘IIIT, Hyderabad’ payable at Hyderabad.
The entrance test is conducted all over India.
The entrance exam consists of two question papers. Paper-I General aptitude test. It contains set of objective questions on Mathematics, Logical Reasoning and Programming. Paper-II is completely based on your specialized subject.
Last Date for the Submission of Applications through the website: Last week of March.
Application fees at IIIT, Hyderabad have to be deposited by the first week of April.
Post-Graduate Entrance Examination generally takes place in the middle of May.
Result is available on the web by the first week of June.
Interview is taken in the Mid-June
Final result is published in the last week of June.
Classes start from the 2nd week of July.
- Admission Fee: Boys Rs. 43, 325 & Girls Rs. 47, 150
- Caution Deposit: Rs. 5, 000
- Fees payable on admission for Semester-I: Rs. 34, 500
- Semester II: Boys Rs. 38, 325 & Girls Rs. 42, 150
- Website: IIIT