Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar
Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) was established as an Industrial Training Institute in 1992. Soon it became one of the best institutes offering technical and management courses in India. Due to its phenomenal progress it became the youngest institute to be regarded as a Deemed University within 6 years of its inception.
Apart from the status as Deemed University, it has been accredited by the NBA, AICTE & NAAC for its Engineering, MBA and MCA programs. KIIT has a vision of creating a world class institute providing technical education. It wants to imbibe the spirit of leadership among its students. It has a vision of fostering the creative spirits of its students and preparing its students with national and international perspectives in mind.
Departments of Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology
There are 4 schools of study under KIIT. They are
School of Technology
School of Management
School of Rural Management (KSRM)
School of Biotechnology
Courses offered at KIIT University
The School of Technology offers the following courses:
- Civil Engineering, Annual intake: 60
- Mechanical Engineering, Annual intake: 120
- Electrical Engineering, Annual intake: 120
- Electronics and telecommunication Engineering, BTech, Annual Intake: 180
- Electronics and Electrical Engineering, BTech, Annual intake: 60
- Information Technology Engineering, Annual intake: 120
- Computer Science Engineering, Annual intake: 120
- Civil Engineering, MTech in Water resource engineering and in Construction Engineering and management. Annual intake for WRM and CEM: 18
- Electrical Engineering, Annual intake: 18
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Annual intake: 18
- Computer Science Engineering, Annual intake: 18
- Mechanical Engineering, Annual intake: 18
Master of Computer Application (MCA)
The School of Management (IBAT) offers the following courses
Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
Executive MBA (weekend)
Doctoral Program in Management
Management Development Programs (MDP)
In-company Training Programs
Faculty Development Programs for Management Educators (FDPME)
The School of Rural Management (KSRM) offers the following courses
Master in Rural Management (MRM)
Diploma in Rural Management (DRM)
Executive Development Program (EDP)
The School of Biotechnology offers the following Courses
BTech in Biotechnology, Duration: 4 years consisting of 8 semesters, Annual intake: 60
MSc in Biotechnology, Duration: 2 years consisting of 4 semesters, Annual intake: 30
Other than this Doctoral and Post Doctoral programs in Engineering, Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences and Management are offered by KIIT.
- BTech/MTech/MCA: Entrance examinations conducted by KIIT, known as KIITEE
- MBA: 50% marks in graduation, and must qualify either CAT or MAT.
Students of Engineering get placement in prestigious companies like:
Infosys, and so on:
Students of Management also get placement in leading companies.
Contact details of KIIT University
Kalinga University of Industrial Technology KIIT University.