Medical Colleges in West Bengal
To get admission in MBBS/BDS courses in West Bengal, Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is conducted by the West Bengal Board of Examination which is to be cleared by the candidates. The Board does not interfere with the admission procedure and leaves the final decision to the Central Selection Committee (Medical), Medical College after preparing the final merit list. It is the candidates who have to comply with the eligibility criteria to get the admission. After publication of merit lists, the candidates are required to make separate application to the Central Selection Committee of Medical Colleges with prescribed fee and within the stipulated date and rules.
Admission is open to Indian citizens, residing in the State continuously for 10 years or who or whose parents are permanent residents of the State.
Reservations-All entrance 15%, SC 22% ST 6%. Govt. Of India/State Govt. Nominees.
- Bankura Sammilani medical College, Bankura
- Burdwan Medical College, Burdwan
- Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkatta
- Medical College, Kolkatta
- Nilratan Sircar Medical College, Kolkatta
- North Bengal Medical College, Darjeeling
- R. G. Kar Medical College, Kolkatta
- Dr. R Ahmad Dental College, Kolkata