JNU Entrance exam to be held from 16th to 18th May 2016 [ University Entrance Updates ]
JNU 2016: The JNU Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Exam JNUEE 2016 is entrance exam for admission into its various graduate and post graduate programs like: BA Programme in Languages, MA (History, Geography, Economics, Political Science, Philosophy etc. ), M. Sc. , MCA, M. Tech (Computational & Systems Biology), M. Phil. and Ph. D.
JNU offers admission to various courses to Bachelor of Arts degree in the following foreign languages:
The interested candidates can apply online or offline. And the application form filling process will begin from 6th February 2016.
Online Application process stars from
6th February, 2016
10.00 a. m.
Last date for online Registration
20th March, 2016 5.00 p. m.
Last date of submission of completed Application Form to reach JNU
25th March, 2016
Date of Entrance Examination ( (Time-Table given at the end) )
16th, 17th, 18th & 19th May 2016
Declation of result of written examination for B. A. (Hons. ) 2nd year, M. A. (Foreign Languages), M. Phil. /Ph. D. , Pre-Ph. D. /Ph. D. , M. Tech. /Ph. D. , MPH/Ph. D. , COP & ADOP (Mass Media)
by 26th June, 2016 (Tentative)
Viva-Voce of candidates selected on by 14th July, 2015 (Tentative) the basis of written test
by 14th July, 2016 (Tentative)
merit list will be available from:
(i) where viva voce is not prescribed (B. A. (Hons. ) 1st year, M. A. (except Foreign Languages), M. Sc. & MCA) (ii) where viva voce is prescribed (B. A. (Hons. ) 2nd year, M. A. (Foreign Languages), M. Phil. /Ph. D. , Pre-Ph. D. /Ph. D. , M. Tech. /Ph. D. , MPH/Ph. D. , COP & ADOP (Mass Media)
(i) 10th July, 2015 (Tentative)
(ii) 22nd July, 2015 (Tentative)
candidates selection process starts form
(i) For B. A. (Hons. ) 1st year
(ii) For M. A. (except Foreign Languages), M. Sc. , MCA
(iii) For B. A. (Hons. ) 2nd year, M. A. (Foreign Languages), M. Phil. /Ph. D. , Pre-Ph. D. /Ph. D. , M. Tech. /Ph. D. , MPH/Ph. D. and JRF
(iv) For Part Time
(v) For Direct admission to Ph. D.
(vi) For Direct admission to Ph. D. for Winter Semester
(i) 17th, 20th and 21st July & 29th to 31st July, 2016
(ii) 22nd to 24th July & 29th to 31st July, 2016
(iii) 27th to 31st July, 2016
(iv) 3rd and 5th August, 2016
(v) 17th, 20th and 21st July & 11th to 14th August, 2016
(vi) 6th to 8th January, 20172017
Last date for payment of fees.
31st July, 2016
Second Merit List will available from
4th August, 2016 (Tentative)
Registration of Second List
5th to 14th August, 2016
Deadline for Admission/Registration
14th August, 2016
- For Online application candidate have to visit official website and pay the application fee online.
- After filling online application form the candidate have to send the printed copy of application form mentioned below.
- The application form can only be obtained by sending a request through Post.
- Students will get JNU Entrance Exam 2016 Application Form and Prospectus through Registered Post or Speed Post by sending crossed Bank Draft for Rs. 300 drawn in favour of JAWAHARLAL NEHRU UNIVERSITY payable at NEW DELHI.
- After filling application form candidate have to send the self-addressed (unstamped) envelope on address mentioned below.
The Section Officer (Admissions) Room No. 28 Administrative Block Jawaharlal Nehru University New Delhi 110067.
- M. Phil. Degree from a recognized university or research institution with minimum Final Grade Point Average (FGPA) of 6.0 out of 10.
- M. Phil. from an institution where dissertation is not graded are required to forward a copy of their M. Phil. Dissertation with their application form.
- Bachelor’s degree in any branch of basic or applied science under 10 + 2+3 pattern of education with a minimum aggregate of 55 percent marks.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with adequate competence in Mathematics less than 10 + 2+3 pattern of education with a minimum aggregate of 55 percent marks.
- Master’s Degree in any branch of science including biological, chemical, mathematical, physical, computer science or MCA.
- B. Tech/B. E degree in relevant branch of engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject or any other subject under 10 + 2+3 pattern of education with minimum aggregate of 55 percent marks.
B. A (Honours) 2 year:
- First year of Bachelor’s degree or any other examination recognized as equivalent hereto with a minimum aggregate of 55 percent marks.
JNU 2016 Exam Pattern
JNU 2016 exam pattern is mentioned as follows:
For M. Sc. Course:
- Test for this course will contain only objective type questions from physical chemistry, physics and mathematics of B. Sc. level.
For PhD Course:
- Candidates have to give a written test which includes analytical and critical appraisal type questions and they are evaluated based on candidate’s specialization area.
- All questions will be objective type and related to information technology and Computer application.
For M. A:
- Candidates will be examining on subjects’ studies in B. A course.
For M. Tech:
- The question paper is divided in to two parts.
- The first part: Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology
- The second part: Biology and Bioinformatics, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering Sciences, Mathematics/Statistics.
- And the questions will be multiple choice types questions.
For BA (Honors):
- The paper will contain objective type questions and short answers.
- BA (Honors) Foreign Languages, candidates will have qualify in the entrance test which contains questions from General English, General Knowledge and Elementary Knowledge.
General Category Candidates including OBC Candidates
SC/ST/PWD Category Candidates (PWD includes OH, VH and HH)
US $25.00 or Rs. 1550/-
- Published/Last Modified on: February 1, 2016