ONGC Scholarship 2017 for SC/ST Student [ Newest Scholarships ]
ONGC Scholarship 2017 for SC and ST students - ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited) an Indian multinational oil & gas company has come up with scholarships for SC/ST students pursuing professional courses across the nation. Total 500 ONGC scholarships worth Rs. 48,000 each will be given annually and these scholarships can be availed only by the students pursuing professional courses in Engineering & Medical stream and Master Degree Courses in Business Administration, Geology and Geophysics. This page gives the complete information about the ONGC Scholarship 2017 for SC and ST students.
Reservation for girls in ONGC Scholarship:
The total of 50% of the ONGC scholarship is reserved for girl candidate which is an initiative to promote girls’ education and to provide them with better career opportunities.
ONGC Scholarship Reward
The ONGC offers total 500 scholarships worth Rs. 48,000 each to SC/ST candidates. The division of the reward is given below. The candidates are required to check the table given below for the distribution of reward for each zone. Candidates can see the table below:
- Distribution of scholarships will be done zone wise
- ONGC has divided the states into 5 Zones and each zone is allotted with 100 scholarships. The list of the states in each zone is given below
Renewal / Continuation of ONGC Scholarship 2017
- ONGC Scholarship will be paid on an annual basis only. The continuation of scholarship once awarded is subject to the performance of the beneficiary in Annual/Semester Examinations, every year.
- Students must obtain minimum 5 points out of 10 points of CGPA/OGPA or minimum 50% marks in the Annual/Semester Examination in order to avail the scholarship for the subsequent years.
- The scholarship will be cancelled in case students fail to fulfil the respective criteria. However, scholars can make one additional attempt to pass their exams for attaining the required percentage of marks.
- Application for continuation of scholarship in the subsequent years of study can be submitted in the prescribed format of Annexure-A
Conducted by: ONGC
Eligibility: SC/ST students, Max 30 year’s age
Last date for Application: Jan 24, 2017
- Published on: January 6, 2017