Belgium Open Table Tennis Title Won by Sathiyan Gnanasekaran [ Current News (Concise) - Sports ]
The Belgium open title of the table tennis was won by the Sathiyan Gnanasekaran the Indian paddler. He won the men’s singles category at the finals in De Haan in Belgium.He won his first pro title.
- He beat local player Nuytinck Cedric with 15-13, 11-6, 11-2, 17-15 by scoring 4-0 score in the final.
- He reached in finals after defeating Steffen Mengel (world number 75) in the quarterfinals match.
- He is the second Indian table tennis player who has won an ITTF event. The first Indian table tennis player to win an ITTF event in 2012 was Achanta Sharath Kamal.
- Indian table tennis player.
- World number 10 player (till February 2016).
- Part of the Indian team that won bronze in the 2011 Junior World Championships.
- Belongs to Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- An engineer by profession.
- The International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) is the international table tennis associations.
- It includes overseeing rules and regulations and search for technological improvement for the sport of table tennis.
- The ITTF is responsible for many international competitions the organization including the World Table Tennis Championships.
- It was founded in 1926.
- It’s headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Published/Last Modified on: September 27, 2016